Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Marica Kilgore almost ruined my life


Back in the day before children, mortgage and residing in the midwest I was a simple girl living in San Francisco. I was of the firm belief that if a body wash didn't cost almost as much as  my MUNI pass (at the time 35 big ones) then it couldn't even come near me or I would break out in snobby rash.  All of my body washes had to come from Bliss, a spa started in NYC by Marcia Kilgore. Flash forward several years and slumming it at the discount stores I thought I had found the solution. Marcia Kilgore had sold Bliss and  started a new company called Soap and Glory! The products were sold at Target and the body wash cleverly called "Clean on Me" was 9.99. Marcia understood that beauty didn't have to cost so much.  I was in heaven. It smelled great and I could wash my boys hair with it. It was lovely and we were happy for a few years. But then came the day when the rug was pulled out from under me. I went to pick up my stash and noticed they were marked down. That only means one thing in the cosmetic department at Target, DISCONTINUED. Marcia, once my friend and ally had screwed me over. I was frantic and ran through the store to customer service. The manager of course did not understand my panic and told me that they had no plans to continue with the line. Then I hit the Soap and Glory website. They said they had pulled out of Target but their products were still available in the UK!!! WTF?  I never liked Marcia Brady and now I hated Marcia Kilgore.
Back to square one. I looked and I tried and then I looked again. Finally after many months I believe that I have found what I am looking for. A tried and true American product, good old Johnson and Johnson. It is a light scent and leaves your skin feeling clean but not dried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment