Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fat baby with angel wings on the cover? Sign me up!

I have never been attracted to any kind of makeup line that seems holier than thou. Really, what's the point?  So when philosophy skincare came out several years ago I merely rolled my eyes. "Hope in a Jar"? "Miracle Worker"?? How about "When Hope is Not Enough"??? I was pretty sure that whoever they had writing copy over there had been previously employed writing the titles of Lifetime TV Movies. Don't even get me started on the cherub faced cuties on the cover. It is too much for this skeptical girl!

Skip ahead with a few rounds of Zoloft and a healthy dose of quit being such a cynic and I have stumbled upon a really fab cleanser from (drumroll please) philosophy called Purity. This has it all. It removes your makeup (even the lovely tarantula mascara) and leaves your skin feeling clean, not tight. I have noticed that it gives your skin a bit of a glow too. A little goes a long way so it is a good price point (8 oz for 20 big ones or even better 16 oz for 32) and it should last you several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment