Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The greatest love of all

Once upon a time I had a boyfriend who gave me the most wonderful gift of all. Was it diamonds? No, even better than that. It was a tube of Paloma Picasso lipstick. At the time (without dating myself but I am sure no one even remembers her having a line of makeup) she had just a small line of cosmetics. So small in fact that the lipstick only came in one color, red of course. I could not believe my luck, a boyfriend who buys you makeup, was I dreaming? It was too much to believe! In some ways it really was because he is now living with his boyfriend in Portland and their pug so all of the are dots connected but at the time I just really thought he liked fashion. And watching anything with Keanu Reeves in it.  Anyway, I had that lipstick for a whopping 2 weeks before I accidently washed it with the rest of my laundry. (my clothes looked like casualties from a slasher flick) It was a period of mourning like no other. I loved that lipstick so much that even still it brings a tear to my eye thinking about it. Flash forward several years and I am still looking for a replacement (for the lipstick, not the boyfriend although occassionally I remember how much fun he was at the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale). This has proved to be difficult and several contenders tried (NAR's Fire Down Below and Cruella, MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red, Estee Lauder Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Rich Red, Loreal Penelope Cruz etc) but I have yet to find the perfect one. I will continue looking but the process is exhausting. The only thing comparable to this process is finding a bathing suit that makes your ass go back to the 8th grade, like a shelf before cellulite has made its introduction. But I will soldier on and as soon as I find it I will profess it to the world. Or this blog. Or really to my Aunt Barb who is my only follower. (Thanks Aunt B!)

No comments:

Post a Comment