Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Love the Smell of Jerry Garcia in the Morning


Awww, patchouli. The smell truly brings me back to the days when I was supposed to be attending Dominican College and instead was following the Grateful Dead and selling peanut butter sandwiches for a dollar or whatever anyone would trade me.  Although I never made much money I did score free tickets, lots of crystals and the ability to not shave my arm pits for an entire year. Because of said arm pit hair and lack of running water I did what only a girl could do while sporting a tie dyed Guess dress, masked the odor with patchouli oil. The smell of patchouli is a very controversial subject along the same lines of whether or not Katie Holmes is now a robot and why doesn't Jennifer Lopez realize that Marc Anthony is really Skeletor and who really cares if Jennifer Aniston is a spinster because lets face it, she looks pretty darn happy to me and if I had that body I could care less about having a steady dude.

Anyway, I love the smell of patchouli and I have finally found a family friendly (meaning that I don't smell like a dead hippie to my hubby) scent in a luxurious cream.  It is available at Target and made by Boots. It is Patchouli and Lavender and it leaves just enough scent on your skin that you can enjoy the free loving smell without overpowering those around you with your earthiness.  The best part is that it is under 10 bucks and you really feel pampered after using it. It smells delicious and it is very thick so perfect for the cold winter months when your skin needs some extra love. Like love that only a Sugar Magnolia from Uncle John's Band would dig!


No comments:

Post a Comment