Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's like shooting fish in a barrell


Here is the thing. I subscribe to about 6 fashion magazines each month. Do I have a problem? Perhaps, but it is way cheaper than psychotherapy and it gives me a welcome diversion to what normally comes in my mailbox.  Because of this dirty little habit I am inundated with ads about the latest and greatest. I am ashamed to say I fall for it every flippin' time.  Have you ever thought about your bottom lashes? Does anyone? We obsess about our noses, our pores, our lips and hips, our hair, our feet etc but never once have I thought about my bottom lashes.  Until the February magazines started rolling in.

Ok, I was totally sucked into the gimmick that I needed my bottom lashes to be lush and I was certain this was what was keeping me from my supermodel status.  Clinique has come out with a mascara specifically for bottom lashes. Of course I had to have it.  I paid my 10.00 and tried it out. The only thing I can say is meh. It definitely covered my lower lashes but it just didn't jive with how I like to look. Maybe it is for a (dare I even say it?) younger type gal who wants a Twiggy type effect.  As for me, it kind of ran toward the end of the day so it added to my already dark circles that I have been sporting since 2001.  But if you feel the need to try it, go for it. Live the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment