Thursday, March 24, 2011

A funny thing happened on my way to buy drugs...



It was that time of the month again. Yes, time to go on a big drug binge. We have pills for our nerdy side (allergies), pills for our old man side (cholesterol) and some pills to make Mommy happy (no comment). While waiting for my numerous refills to process I took a gander at the Walgreens supply of cosmetics. (really, what was I supposed to do? Look at lawn ornaments?) 
Somewhere between Physicians Formula and Rimmel of London a light bulb went off.  In the most recent issue of Vogue I had admired a models lipstick and found that it was a Revlon Lipstain and LipBalm called Gothic. Could it  look that good in real life without airbrushing and a professional applying it?  I decided to roll the dice and try it out. (this happened as soon as I hit the parking lot because I just had to know) Alas, I was not disappointed. It is a pure, light and clean looking red lipstain that truly stays put.  You have to apply it expertly as it dries fast (seriously, 30 seconds) and then you can use the balm to keep your lips from drying out. The balm has a nice thick consistency and also lasts a long time.  I have been wearing it for 5 hours and it is still staying put. A really lovely surprise for under 10 bucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment