Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Does size really matter?

Quite the loaded question don't you think? Bigger sizes definitely matter when it comes to diamonds, closet space and things that can't be mentioned in mixed company. I have always thought bigger was better (except when your ass is too big to even fit in your fat jeans) but color me wrong in this instance. I recently bought the biggest mascara I have ever seen in my life. It is from Too Faced and it is called Size Queen.  The girl who sold it told me used words like you could "shank someone with it" and your eyelashes "will be so big that people in Illinois will see you coming." Of course I had to have it! A weapon and being the Kim Kardashian eyelash double of the Midwest, total win win. Then I brought it home.


I loved the look of it. I loved pulling it out of my makeup bag like I was some super cool ninja makeup mama with the Holy Grail. It looked legit but I just could not handle it. It really is just too damn big! I am not nimble enough to manage it or my eyes are just too small but that mother f&*^%$ was just not doing what I wanted. Yes, it did grab a lot of lashes but it was a messy experience.  Once I finally got it on (and removing the Courtney Love makeup marks were all over my face) I tried it for a few days. Not a fan. Super flaky and didn't have any longevity.  Size does matter but in this case I was not up to the challenge and clearly not cut out to be a Size Queen makeup Jedi Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment