Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all

Nah, that is really a bunch of b.s. but when you do find something that you love it can really put you over the edge when it is discontinued.  Cosmetic companies do it all the time for reasons unknown. I sometimes imagine that it is a bunch of mean girls who have lost that high school power and in order to have their "burn book" back, they take away the things that we love. This happened with Laura Mercier and her original Purifying Rich Oil Cleanser which was my absolute favorite until they took it off the market. Why, why, why? To hurt me of course.  Anyhow, they have a newer version.


The newer incarnation of the original is the Flawless Face Purifying Cleanser. I avoided buying this for a long time because of my one woman protest against the powers that be but in a moment of weakness (ok, it was a moment of Dos Equis with some internet involved) I went ahead and ordered it.  I was skeptical at first because it was not as rich as the original but color me surprised, I like it. It is light but it still leaves your skin with a dewy glow. All of my makeup is easily removed and a little goes a long way. It washes off clean so don't let the oil scare you. The price is a tad high (40 dollars) but you only use a few pumps each time so I am thinking it will last a couple of months. It is a treat for your skin so it is worth it. There are Laura Mercier counters in major department stores but Neiman Marcus always seems to be running a gift with purchase so check there first. Saks and Sephora online carry it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment