Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Snow White Complex (not the one that likes short dudes)

Ok, here's the details. Once upon a time many moons ago this girl had dark hair. At around age 20 my hair started to betray me by (I write this with tears in my eyes) going gray. We went to counseling, sought individual plucking seminars, tried blonde highlights and then finally while being both mentally and physically exhausted actually came to the point where I thought I should just let it do what it had to do. I am proud of those 7 hours that I spent allowing it and look at is as a big moment of personal and spiritual growth. Of course in between these bouts of insanity I would dye it back to its original color just so I could remember the good old days of raven like locks. Now I am on a strict program of having it done professionally but those pesky grays come back like Lindsay Lohan goes to court, like all the time!

People let me introduce you to my best friend that I discovered while perusing the drug store aisles.  It is John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Color Glaze. This little miracle, or as I like to call it St Frieda the Patron Saint of Lost Color, is the best kept secret in the hair section. You put it on for 3 minutes in the shower after washing and conditioning. It adds depth and super shine to dark hair and also makes your salon color last even longer. The price is right as it is under 10 bucks. You can find it at CVS, Walgreens and Target. Make sure you wear sunglasses when you leave the house after using. The glare of your fabulously glossy hair might be too bright for your peepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment