Sunday, June 26, 2011

Black Eyed Susan Your Ship has Sailed

Oh eyeliner! How I love you so. You have been there through so many times in my life where I could just pretend that I was going for the smoky look when in fact I was so hungover that I passed out without washing my face.  Unfortunately we have come to the portion of life where that no longer looks edgy, rather it is kind of a Tammy Fay Baker. Sad, sad clown. Definitely in need of a sophisticated liner and some Intervention. 

Anyhow, I was in mad search of an excellent eyeliner that would stay in place because of my excessive use of under eye cream (yes, I do believe that I can fight the good fight) and ease in crying about pretty much anything. Show of hands of people that have seen me cry? Ok, you can put them down now.  I consulted my dealer (my dear friend Jackie who works at Sephora) and took her advice.  I believe that I have found the Holy Grail of eyeliners. It is Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner which runs about 18 bucks a pop. You can buy it at Sephora, numerous places online or in several department stores.  Jeepers creepers, my peepers stayed lined through the entire day without a budge.  In fact, I laughed so hard that I cried and it still hung in there. I bought the basic black but I do believe I may have to go out and try some other colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment